Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome and Everafter

Hey! I'm Kara. I have another blog, http://musingsbykara.blogspot.com/, and this is my second blog. I read a lot. On this blog, I'm going to be talking about books I've read. I would say review... but I love almost everything I read, so the ratings would all be 4 and 5 stars.
Anyway, I read at least a book a week, sometimes more, so I'll probably post for each of those.
The last book I finished was Everafter by Amy Huntley. It's about a girl who dies, Maddy. Maddy finds herself in a dark, empty place, and pushes around until she sees these glowing objects. They're the objects she lost in life. When she imagines doing whatever the object was used for with it, she is transported into the scene of when she lost it. The one thing Maddy doesn't know how she lost is her life.
It was incredible. It started out a little boring (first chapter, maybe?), but got much better. You will want Maddy to be able to live, and the end is heartbreakingly bittersweet.
I think this is an interesting interpretation of what happens when you die, and I'd definitely recommend it.

Other books I've recently finished:
Freshman by Michael Gerber
The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

Other books about what comes after death:
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (Everafter is about a teenager, this is about an old man)
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (her book Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is good, too)
Everlost, Everwild, unreleased trilogy by Neal Shusterman

Anyway, I could list books all day. Have you read any of these? What did you think of them?
Also, what are some of your favorite books, and are there any you'd like me to review?

Until next time,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment