Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Read with me?)

I have made a visit to my town's public library and obtained eight books, one of them a book on CD. I've also gotten 3 books at Borders and 1 at the grocery store. Basically, for this summer, I have fourteen books to read. (Yeah, I know, those don't add up, but I still don't have one of my school's summer reading books, and I have an Amazon book shipping in late August)
I've decided to start with The Adoration of Jenna Fox. Matt, it's no longer at the library since I snagged it, but it's paperback at Borders if you want to join me in reading it!

Adoration is a book about seventeen-year-old Jenna Fox. Jenna was in a coma for over a year, after being in an accident which has not yet been explained. She has been awake for two weeks. She remembers nothing of her past. She has trouble with facial expressions, saying that the only one she knows so far is a smile. She cannot read or mimic them.
Since she has woken up, she describes what has happened in the world.
"Over a year has vanished. I've gone from sixteen to seventeen. A second woman has been elected president. A twelfth planet has been named in the solar system. The last wild polar bear has died. Headline news that couldn't stir me. I slept through it all."

From this paragraph, we can conclude that Jenna lives sometime in the future. Currently we have eight planets, zero woman presidents, and a dying wild polar bear (sniffle, I love polar bears) population.
I'm on page six, and already intrigued. Ready, set, READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment